Deepak Chopra was arguing his position during the recent “Does Satan Exist?” debate, when he said, “The Bible is in total contradiction with everything that we know about cosmology, evolution, biology, mathematics, physics, and about everything that allows us to understand who we are. Let’s consider just a few historical facts in the Bible-Science debate that would seem to prove Chopra wrong:
– Science has shown the benefits of the dietary laws in Leviticus 11.
– On many occasions, science has claimed that the Bible was in error on certain points, only to have history and archaeology demonstrate just how accurate the Bible’s truths are.
– Job 26:7 reveals God’s omnipotence in His knowledge of the earth being suspended in space.
– Albert Einstein once said, “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
– Sir Isaac Newton (physicist, mathematician, and astronomer, who was one of the most influential men in human history) said, “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done.”
It would appear that Chopra’s confusion is a result of his ignorance, not only about science, but also about the very book about which he a self-proclaimed expert.